Thursday, 10 March 2011

I'm Selling These Fine Leather Jackets

You've got to have a quest.

Last year, the quest was to finish my PhD.

I haven't had a quest for a while, but that was because I was addicted to WoW and they give you more than enough quests to be going on with.

Just before Christmas, I quit WoW and as well as experiencing a sudden influx of unallocated free time, I started to feel that my quest valency was starting to increase. It took me a while to figure out what my quest was going to be, though.

Rejected quest candidates include:
- Learning Latin with a view to read Cicero in the original
- Designing and sewing an evening gown inspired by the jumpsuits of Vegas-era Elvis
- Taking up weaving on a loom
- Healthy exercise!
- Getting some actual publications out, like, ever

I settled upon a quest this week and I think you're going to like it.



I'm going to do a big cross stitched version of this map, which you may recognise as being the map that you use to travel around the Tri-island area in Monkey Island 2.

I'll be turning this packet of threads...



...into an 18" x 11" cross stitched game art masterpiece.

I think I started three days ago. I've not got that far yet.

2 comments:

soCherry said...

Can't wait to see this progressing!

Leather Jackets said...

nice post love reading it