Thursday, 8 March 2012

Halfway



Yep, I'm about halfway done with this sewn map.

I keep trying to go to a lovely shop called de Afstap to buy DMC 647, which is a colour that I've nearly run out of. I have failed twice. The first time, I just panicked and picked up the wrong colour (645, which I'm not even using in this project) and the second time, I was definitely holding a 647 & a 646 while I perused the incredible selection of alpaca lace yarn and crewel wool, but by the time I got home I just had two 646. Not best pleased. It seems to require just slightly more attention to get anything done successfully while you're waiting for people to talk to you in another language.

I have since ordered two skeins of 647 off of ebay. I was too ashamed to go back to de Afstap for the 3rd time in a week.

No comments: