Saturday, 16 March 2013

Celebrating 10 Years of Obnoxious Eurofandom

I've moved some of my old Eurovision preview posts here from LJ. If you click on the EUROVISION tag you'll find preview posts going back to 2004. I don't have the full preview from 2007 (although I did watch the show and was hugely impressed that Marija won with Molitva) and I appear to have been  particularly lax about blogging 2008-2010 so there aren't full previews, just random bloggings. In 2011 and 2012, though, I started taking the whole Eurothing as seriously as it deserves.

I know for a fact I watched the 2003 show (Jemini: oh, the humanity) but it appears I didn't blog about it, because I was too busy being irritating about other things. I've been an increasingly hardcore Eurofan for 10 years now and while I haven't made it to a national final or the final show yet, this year I'm going to the preview party in Amsterdam with my wee sister and partner in Eurovision crime. We're going to have a ball.

The international delegations have to present their final songs for the 2013 show on Monday, so I guess you can expect the all-singing, all-dancing, totally offensive Eurovision preview post during the week.

PS: In 2011 I said some horrible things about Jedward and I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

No comments: